Why Võru County?
Avaldatud 22 aprill, 2013
- Strategic location – between trade routes to Russia and EU – the county is well located on junctions of international transport corridors – Pskov-Luhamaa-Tallinn/Riga roads and St. Petersburg-Pskov-Koidula-Tallinn/Riga railways.
- Top knowledge in wood processing sector – competence centre on wood processing and furniture manufacturing provides access to top level services, training and expertise in the sector. The potential is further strengthened by South-East Estonian wood cluster and by proximity of universities in Tartu.
- Skilled workforce supported by vocational centres – considerable number of free workforce is available both on Estonian as well as on Latvian side of the border. Võru Vocational Training Centre provides flexible retraining programmes on demand in mechatronics, IT, logistics, wood and metal processing etc.
- Business oriented and flexible administration – county administration and local municipalities are devoted to creating good conditions for entrepreneurship including services for investors.
- Availability of industrial and business land/infrastructure – the region has plenty of free land and unused facilities with favourable prices. Industrial parks and premises are available in Võru town and 8 more are being developed in the county.
- Focus on green economy – local food and renewable energy – local people value their county for its pure nature, therefore we promote green economy, intelligent use of renewable energy and locally grown food.