Estonian business climate at a glance
Avaldatud 22 aprill, 2013
- Estonia has been ranked 16th in the Index of Economic Freedom (2012, Wall Street Journal/The Heritage Foundation), 21st in the Ease of Doing Business Report (2012, World Bank), and 34th in the Global Competitiveness Report (2012, World Economic Forum).
- Estonia has some of the highest credit ratings in the region (Fitch IBCA, Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s).
- Estonia is a member of euro area as of January 1, 2011.
- 0% corporate income tax is imposed on all reinvested earnings in Estonia.
- The Estonian cost level is still significantly lower than that of neighbouring Scandinavian countries.
- In Estonia, all capital is treated equally, foreign or domestic.
- Estonia is a member of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and the New York Convention.
- Estonia is the leading country in Central and Eastern Europe in terms of attracting foreign direct investments.
- Estonia is one of the leading countries in the world in creating and implementing e-government solutions and cyber security.
- Estonia is within 3 hours flight from most major European, Scandinavian and Russian cities.